Monday 7 April 2014

Curiosity Killed The Cat

No it didn't, obesity and kidney failure did.

Like the upstanding global citizen (I like to believe) I am, I ride my bike to university everyday. Personally this has it's ups and downs. Up, saving money on petrol and parking. Down, I sweat profusely. Up, I receive 40 minutes of incidental physical activity each day. Down, it rains a lot in Melbourne. And finally... Up, I get lots of time to think about the useless stuff that plagues my brain.
Right up there alongside 'My Kitchen Rules' ads in the list of things that annoy Zac, is a compilation of shit sayings. 'Curiosity killed the cat' is the king of the list.

For what reason would someone want to discourage or suppress curiosity? It is a fundamental part of being human (or feline).
Curiosity is enormously positive, it leads to adventure, technological advancement, and being really good at general knowledge for trivia nights.

To finalise this, I will make an outrageous claim not backed by any facts or stats. For every cat that is killed by curiosity, ten are killed by lethargy, laziness, and boredom. Same goes for people.

No comments:

Post a Comment